Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Victory!: Team Cannondale 1, Mt. Ventoux 0

I am back in the US with a bunch of photos and videos to post, but need to get to it later today. Everybody is safe, and we all made it to the top, but the heat (95F) took its toll on our times, but we did beat the mountain.


The climb through the Forest of Hades (not sure I am the only calling it that) was about 90 minutes of suffering. Above, at Chalet Reynard, is at the 6 km to go point. The organizers ran out of water, so it was every rider fending for themselves. This was the toughest endurance event that I ever participated in. I took about a 20 minute break to cool down and get my wits back.

One happy rider reaching the summit.


I guess is the equivalent of a dance in the end zone .... don't mind the pile of garbage on the right.

More to follow ...

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations John. Well done.
    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! I look forward to the photos.

    Do you at least get to keep the Cannondale uniform?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate that Hill....I've put a call into Obama to nuke it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete